Fresh Caprese Quinoa Salad
- 1/2C quinoa
- 8 oz fresh mozerella cut into bite size pieces
- 1 carton grape tomatoes, halved
- fresh basil chopped
- 2T olive oil
- salt & pepper
1. In a medium sized pan, bring 1C water and 1/2C quinoa to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and simmer on LOW until all of the water is absorbed. This should take anywhere between 10 and 15 minutes. *Cooking your quinoa on low is extremely important. If you let it simmer on a hotter flame, the water will absorb too quickly and the quinoa will turn out hard!
2. Cool the cooked quinoa in the refrigerator for at least an hour before preparing the salad.
3. To prepare the salad, slice grape tomatoes in half [hot dog way] and cut the block of fresh mozzarella into bite size pieces. Mix together. Then, add the chopped basil and cooked quinoa and give the salad a toss. Next, drizzle on the olive oil and season with a little salt/pepper (to taste). Give your salad a final toss and serve cool or at room temperature. I also like to drizzle a little balsamic vinegar on this salad