Chicken Marsala ala Patty
I love chicken marsala, but hate the calories. The “Olive Garden” version checks in at 770 calories & 37 grams of fat, so I tweaked the recipe a bit & got the calories down to 278 per serving & it still tastes amazing!
Let me know how you like my version.
- 4 four ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts washed
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup of chopped onions
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ¾ cup Marsala wine
- Non stick Cooking Spray
- Pound chicken breasts to a ¼-inch thickness between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Combine flour, oregano, salt & pepper to taste on a plate.
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture and set aside.
- Spray cooking spray into large skillet and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, cook on medium heat: then add the mushrooms and onions and sauté, until softened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add more cooking spray and braise chicken breasts for 6 minutes till light brown and cooked thoroughly. Remove and keep warm. Return the cooked mushrooms and onions to skillet, add the parsley and marsala wine. Cook on medium heat and reduce liquid by about half. Then Return chicken back to the skillet, and cook for 3 minutes more
Note Nutritional info is for the Chicken Marsala only, you will have to add calories in for your side dish