- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained (I use black beans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce (I use diced tomatoes with green chilies)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (optional) – (Cilantro is a great substitute)
- If you like it hot, add a diced jalapeno for added heat
- Add oil, onion, peppers and garlic to a large saucepan.
- When softened add in ground turkey.
- Brown ground turkey and drain fat.
- Cook for a few minutes
- Add all seasonings except parsley and stir and cook for 1 minute
- Add beans and tomato sauce or tomatoes, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with parsley when serving (optional)
I count this as 1/2 green, 1/2 yellow and a red,
As you can see, it’s really simple to make and uses lots of great, clean ingredients. The beauty of it, is that it’s simple to tweak in order fit into the 21 Day Fix program.
If you have issues fitting in all of your green containers, add spinach, zucchini, extra peppers, kale, eggplant or any other veggie you have on hand to this dish and bump up your veggie intake. You could even serve it over some cauliflower rice or top it with some shredded romaine lettuce.