BLUEBERRY PROTEIN MUFFINS
Blueberry Protein Muffins
Recipe type: SNACK/DESERT/BREAKFAST
Serves: 6 SERVINGS 2 muffins per serving
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder (I used SHAKEOLOGY)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs + egg whites, totaling 1 cup (you can also use 4 whole eggs if you don’t have egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup lemon juice (or the juice of 1 lemon)
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (I added another ¼ cup to the top of the muffins, right before baking)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 liners or use the silicone muffin cups like I did
- Mix the coconut flour, protein powder, and baking powder
- In a liquid measuring cup, mix up your eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, maple syrup (if using honey, make sure it’s liquid first), and vanilla.
- Stir the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour evenly into the 12 muffin liners
- Optional: top with additional blueberries
- Bake for 20 -22 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- The muffins will have a slight golden brown top when they’re done
Serving size: 2 MUFFINS